Today on the blog is a fun new feature – a True or False Quiz!
Our topic of the day is plaque. What do you know about plaque? Test yourself with this quiz:
- True or False: Plaque is also referred to as biofilm
- True or False: Plaque is the leading cause of problems like tooth decay and gingivitis.
- True or False: The best way to handle plaque is to practice dental hygiene at home, plus regular dental cleanings
- True. You might hear your dentist say plaque or biofilm, but both refer to the sticky coating over your teeth that contains millions of different bacteria.
- True. When plaque is left on your teeth after improper brushing, it can cause tooth decay, gym disease, and other problems. As a result, you as your orthodontist in Cedar Park, we urge you to develop regular brushing habits.
- True. Luckily, it’s pretty easy to keep plaque under control as long as you remember to brush every morning and night, or after a meal or sweet treat. And don’t forget to regularly visit your dentist for checkups and cleanings!
We hope this quiz taught you a little more about plaque. What other dental hygiene or orthodontia topic would you like to learn about from your orthodontist near Austin? Let us know in the comments!